Itinerary, Part I
Alright, girls and boy. Here is the tentative and heavily amended plan. I'll try to include the prices of activities that seem pretty confirmed.
Oh, before I start, I have to let you guys know that I have been at this for THREE HOURS. I started planning the itinerary based on the Marlborough Sounds option, found out the cruise I linked below no longer operates, started seriously planning for the Milford Sound option instead, found another option for Marlborough Sound, and had to RE-RE-DO THE ENTIRE ITINERARY. I hope you appreciate it!
I've already booked the car, will call the company to confirm it on or around the 20th of May. (Will one of you please remind me to do it?) I managed to get one for $19 per day, and ... well I doubt you guys will be interested in what type of car it is, but it's either a Pulsar or Corolla, which is a 4-door, and has a 1.5l engine. I think it's really very good for the price.
So here's the itinerary! (This works best if you have a map beside you)
25th May
Sylvia and Miaoli arrive at 1045
Drive to Kaikoura (approx. 2.5h)
Bum around and spend the night at Kaikoura
26th May
Morning - activities in Kaikoura (whale watching? Cost: $125)
Early afternoon - hang around some more in Kaikoura, if we want to
Late afternoon - drive to Picton from Kaikoura (approx. 2h)
Spend the night in Picton (I stayed at Bayview Backpackers / ph. 03 573 7668 the last time I was there, and quite liked it so we can probably stay there).
27th May
Spend the day and night aboard the Lady Karen, which we'll have all to ourselves, at $137.50 per person. I will put the suggested itinerary (suggested by the owner of the boat) in my next post. Feel free to add in any suggestions for the itinerary if you wish. The itinerary on the Sounds is flexible, and can include most combinations of cruising and walking. Linen/sleeping bags will be $2 per person. Only afternoon and morning tea will be provided, meals can be catered at $20 per person.
28th May
We'll probably dock in the afternoon, back at Picton. We will spend the rest of the day and night there.
29th May
Morning - set off early for Blenheim from Picton (approx. 0.5h)
Morning / Afternoon - driving around the vineyards, getting drunk!
Late afternoon - set off for Kaikoura (approx. 1.5h)
Spend the night in Kaikoura
30th May
Morning - set off early for Hanmer from Kaikoura (approx. 2h)
Afternoon - optional activities in Hanmer (there are lots of activities there, we don't all have to do the same thing. We can do a walk, which is free. Ride horses, or even go off-roading on a quad-bike. We can rent a bicycle, bungy jump, or play mini-golf! Will confirm activities later on.)
Evening - Hot springs!!! (Prices on website) We can even go to the spa if you feel like you have money to spend :)
Spend the night in Hanmer, possibly at Le Gite (a nice place I stayed at before) .
31st May
We can visit the hot springs again in the morning if you guys want, finish any activities that we didn't manage to complete the day before. Whatever it is, we'll head back to Christchuch when you guys are ready (approx. 2h).
1st May
I haven't really settled this yet, but I'm thinking that 1) if the weather's good and 2) if I don't have anything to complete for my group project, we can head to Akaroa (approx. 1.5h) for the day. It's just a pretty town with nothing much to do. There's a nice pebble beach there too.
Otherwise, you guys can just spend the day around Christchurch. You can go see Cathedral Square, visit the Gardens (although all the flowers will be dead), take a cable car ride, visit the Art Centre or even take a boat (called "punting") down the river. I've never gone punting before, so I don't mind that. Plus, if we stay in Christchurch we can even save on petrol! Heh. Don't hold out much hope for shopping though, there's not much to buy here...
Okay, that's about all I've planned so far. The next day I'll have my group project, but hopefully I'll be done soon and we can head off by 12pm. In the meantime though, let me know what you think of the planned activities. Seriously, go check out a guidebook or something and let me know if you want to or don't want to do anything. I've done most of this before, so I'm really flexible and fine with anything.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home