Friday, May 12, 2006

Lady Karen Overnight Boat Stay

Here is the information I received from the owners of the boat that we could stay on at the Marlborough Sounds. It seems like a privately owned and intimate thing, compared to the Real Journeys at Milford Sounds (who were pretty unfriendly when I called). It has its advantages (more personal) and disadvantages (less professional?) I guess. But overall my opinion is that the Marlborough Sounds option is better. We can just take a day cruise when we go to Milford.

Hi Petrina
Thanks for your email. Sorry about the lack of detail on the Charter Guide. We are available at your requested time and can tailor your charter to suit. We have on board accommodation for four and are happy to drop you off to walk parts of the Queen Charlotte track.

Just as a suggestion, the first day we could have a leisurely cruise up Queen Charlotte Sound stopping at various points of interest and perhaps walk up to the look out on the beautiful Motuara island, stay the first night at Resolution bay. The next day, perhaps drop you at Ship Cove to walk to Furneaux lodge or further if you feel up to it, pick you up again and either cruise back to Picton or carry on for another night at perhaps the picturesque Double Cove.

Our charges would be $550 per day which includes full use of all our facilities, morning and afternoon teas. We can cater or you are welcome to bring along your own food and cook it yourselves. Please note that there are very good restaurants at Furneaux, Punga Cove,and Bay of Many Coves resort (my personal favoutite)

Please let me know your thoughts as soon as possible so I can confirm your booking. If you would like photos of the Lady Karen or if you have any ideas please let me know. We will do everything we can to make your Marlborough Sounds visit an experience to remember.

Kind regards, Gordon.
Gordon Low Marine Ltd Shipbrokers - Picton
78 Kent St, Picton, NZ
Ph / Fax: +64 3 573 8084
Mobile: 021 321 820
Email: gordonlowmarine@xtra.co.nz
Web: www.gordonlowmarine.co.nz


As you can see, we have the option of either catering or eating on one of the resorts scattered along the trail. In case you guys don't know, there are plenty of walking trails along the Sounds. Heh but I've walked some of them, they're quite boring.

Hi again Petrina
I'll try and answer your questions the best I can. Firstly the chances of seeing Dolphins and Penguins at this time of year is good, if we can get to Motuara island you can see into the Penguin's nesting boxes (if they are at home!)

If you haven't been to the Sounds before I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised, it's an amazing place.May/June is usually a good time as normally there is less wind than Summer. The evenings are cool but quite snug on board as we have a gas heater.
We are entirely flexible with start or finish times, whatever suits you best. Please let us know as soon as possible though.

We can certainly cater, the fare will be simple such as casserole, roast or whatever. We normally put the fishing net out and catch a few fish which we include on the menu. Are you OK with fish? Basically, let us know what you want and we will do our best for you.Cost would be around $20 per head depending on your requirements.

If there are any more questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards, Gordon.

Let me know if you need anymore information so I can email him, or feel free to email him yourself. PLEASE let me know what you want to do as soon as possible, so I can confirm the dates and places to stay and all that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home