Friday, May 12, 2006

IMPORTANT! Ski situation update

Okay here is another update. Transport up to Mt Hutt from Methven will cost $25 return. So for 3 days, that's an extra $75. I've found some pretty cheap rental jackets and pants in Christchurch, and will probably be going to check the store out tomorrow. Here's the link. As you can see, 3 days rental for jacket and pants will be $47. Sorry, but I had no idea these expenses would be necessary. If you're looking to save, try and get ski jacket and pants in Singapore. Borrow them, or something. They should be water resistant and wind proof. Otherwise you're going to go around with a wet bum the whole day.

Also, please get good gloves, a beanie for your head and proper socks.

Okay, Sylvia and Miaoli, here's something important I have to ask you. Mario and I were planning on going snowboarding after you guys left. I didn't realise that you had booked your return flight on the 16th, I thought you'd leave on the 15th. Thing is, we have to take the 3-day snowboarding class on the 15th, 16th and 17th, because he's leaving at 7am on the 18th.

The problem now is that we'll theoretically finish our ski classes on the 14th. Now we have a problem. Mario and I have to be back in Methven on the morning of the 15th. I can drive you back to a Christchurch backpackers on the 14th, but that would mean you'd have to make your way to the airport yourselves. (If you prefer this option, I will try and arrange for a friend to send you there, but no promises)

Alternatively, you could stay an extra night in Methven. I'm not sure if you want to try the 1-day snowboarding lesson, go for 1 more day of skiing, or do some other activity in Methven (there are quite a few things you can do). This means that we'll be done on the 15th, I can drive back to Christchurch to stay the night and send you to the airport early on the 16th, then head back to the ski fields. This means you'll get a ride to the airport, and you MIGHT be able to stay in my flat (if my flatmates are okay with it). BUT you'll have to spend quite a while in the airport because Mario and I have to leave quite early to get back to Mt Hutt.

ALTERNATIVELY, Mario and I can switch to a 1-day snowboarding class instead. You both can join in if you want. We can do that either on the 15th, if you two don't mind, or on the 17th, after you've left.

Is this clear? I hope I wrote it out properly. I've been planning the trip the whole day and I'm really getting a bit zoned out from looking at the computer screen and making calls.

I'm really sorry for the complication. Hope this is okay... let me know ASAP, because I think we have to book the accommodation in Methven soon. And I have to get back to the guy for the Lady Karen.

In the meantime, pray for snow, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home